Geek News

Headlines

Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight


Well, I am going to check out The Dark Knight today. I will post a review for it later as well as for another very good movie called Hellboy 2. I saw that one last week and it's a great flick- if you liked the first one, you'll love this one.

Trolling the internet I saw that TDK (The Dark Knight) raked in 66 million bucks on the first day. It looks like this sequel will be a bona fide hit, ready to set some box office records. I myself am highly excited for the film (I'm a huge Batman fan). It will be interesting to see how well this movie does not only at the Box Office, but also at awards time. There is some buzz on Ledger being nominated for the Joker- I'll have to see the movie to agree, but critics are giving this movie some high marks and I wonder how much the folks in Hollywood will agree.

I am being selfish here, but I hope that it gets a ton of attention and finds a certain amount of legitimacy in that realm, so we (I) can get smart, compelling cinematic stories like this. There are a ton of comic book stories that have matured and are just as or more cerebral, smart or satisfying as the Batman stories. If this movie scores with the larger audience, I hope to get more like it!

l8r

No comments: